Monday, February 7, 2011

Latest updates

Offseason riding in Southern California is an oxymoron but we are spoiled here and when it dips to the 60s for daytime temps and you when you have to brave upper 40s and low 50s every once in a while for a early morning ride we tend to shy away from riding as much as we would like to. Many of us turn to garage trainers and stationary bikes at the gym as I have done lately but it just doesn't seem to give you that recharge you get when you finish a long ride back from the coast and fresh air.
I have been riding 25-50 miles just about each weekend, but definitely not riding as much as I would like.
I have organized a ride this weekend that should handle the fix I have been craving for a while now and one that I have done before. The ride is from Anaheim(Angel Stadium) to either Oceanside or Solana Beach. That will all Depend on who goes with me and the weather. I'm game for either and if no one ends up riding it with me, then I may just ride to Solana train station. This ride consists of riding the Amtrak to the Stadium and riding back to the the initial train station. Fun, fun and more fun! I have the ride saved in my Garmin for easy turn by turn directions but should be easy to remember as I have done this one before. It will be a good test for the San Diego Century I plan on doing in May.
I will update the blog on Anaheim ride afterwards and give some insight as to another future ride that this ride will be part of when I ride from downtown Los Angeles to San Diego later this summer. Let me know if there is any interest in joining any of these rides as I could use the ride support. Any online comments are welcome as well...

No comments: