Monday, November 8, 2010

Bike the Coast event

Here's a little last minute ride that I did with a neighbor over the weekend.

This was more my type of ride. It was flat and near the coast. The weather was perfect and ended before 10:30am. The finish line has free catered food and beer... Parking was free and did I mention there was beer? There is really nothing like a good cold beer after a long ride and it really did hit the spot.

I did find a nice alternate route course that is strictly for bikes and pedestrians that is a safer alternative to crossing all the freeway interchanges at Carmel Mountain. You can also use it as a longer, but more relaxing route to the 56 path that takes you all the way out to Poway. I'm sure I will work it in to a future ride very soon.

Other than the massive amounts of beginner to intermediate riders on the course, it was an enjoyable ride and would recommend to anyone interested in a nice flat organized ride.

No comments: