Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home to Trestles and back with Joey's group

Nice 65 mile ride. I met the group that I have been riding with on Sunday's at the Harbor from my house and we headed up through Pendleton and on to Trestles. The rides was great going out, but I didn't realize I had such a strong tailwind at my back and paid for it coming back. Seemed like the whole way back I was fighting the wind in my face and didn't matter what direction I was riding in. My average mph was slowed by that quite a bit as well as from the hills close to home, but overall it was an enjoyable ride with the group. We had about seven of us out there today. I'll continue to ride with this group on Sunday's as it feels like we all get something from eachothers ride style and seem to be very complementary to eachother.
I had one big problem that I have to note so I get it fixed before my next longer ride and that is to fix the toe in/out on my left pedal. Fluid was building in that knee especially when I was pushing hard, so that will have to be set to more toe in and probably not more than a 1mm as the 4degrees of float will make up for the difference.

No comments: