Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tri-City Loop Ride

Took to the road this morning to compare last weekends ride to todays. It was the same ride except that I just cut inland at Poinsettia instead of going all the way to Swami's and then back to Poinsettia. If you look at it on a map, it looks like a loop. I like this ride as it really prepares me for what will be much of the last 30 miles of the first 107 miles on the first day of the MS 150 ride. The hill at Alga just east of El Camino Real still kicks my butt, but I'm feeling good about improvements I have made even since last week.
The ride ended with a flat just one mile from home. Bummer of a finish, but forced me to get the bike home and really do a detail job on all the powertrain and bike in general. The chain and rear cassette are soaking in degreaser overnight to get the grime off and then we'll start fresh with a nice coat of lube when I get it all reassembled. I personally feel physically and mentally stronger when riding a clean, well lubed bike so can't wait to get back on. This weeks total miles logged was 135. Not a bad start to the summer riding. If it weren't for this cool weather it wouldn't be as fun as it has been so thank you Mother Nature...

No comments: