Sunday, July 4, 2010

North County Coastal Loop

Garmin Link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/39208723

The ride this morning took me down to Swami's from my usual coastal route and on the way back I cut inland at La Costa and did "the hills" on the way back. This route takes me up and down several hills from 300-500 feet in elevation almost the whole way back. If you bike in North County, you have probably had to make it up or down Alga just east of El Camino Real. Tough climb from sea-level to 600 feet in two miles. It's just one those hills that never seems to end. This kind of ride is not very enjoyable, but if I'm going to do anything about my weight I know this is really what i must do. I feel like I'm in about the same shape as I was in last year this time as far as training for the MS ride in October. I just don't have as many miles in at this point. Time in the saddle is a must, but time has really been a premium commodity this year. I really just have to make time.

No comments: