Saturday, October 3, 2009

Short a.m. ride. Picked up ride number

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15198827

This morning I tried a new ride to kind of break up the monotony of "the usual". Fun little 36 miler. I'll do this more often after the MS ride as it only took a little more than a couple of hours. I had to start early to be back home early. We were instructed to pick up our ride info and numbers today at REI in San Diego. Sure the round trip was 80 miles, but I was anxious to find out all of the final details of the ride and to get my numbers. I got number 302. Not a lucky number by any means, but I'll take it.
I checked in with almost $2,600 to contribute to the MS Society. I'm very happy and grateful for all of you that have contributed to this cause and my ride.
The foundation is still taking contributions all the way up to Friday October 9th I hear, so it is not too late if you are waiting until the last minute to contribute.
I'm hoping to take my digital camera with me on the ride, if I'm not too packed up with shot bloks, energy bars and other nutritional items in my jersey. The ride is supposed to be very well supported, so I will probably take the opportunity as often as possible to stop, take a quick break and consume some items of nutrition as 106 miles the first day will be quite a challenge for me. I'm very comfortable though with the fact that I will complete the task at hand. Something mechanically wrong with my bike will be the only way to keep me from completing the ride. Lots of preparation and lists will be made during the coming days...

To donate to finish MS: http://www.biketofinishms.com/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=304333&supid=259559506

No comments: