Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ride from Angel Stadium

Amazing ride yesterday. 81 miles of sun, perfect temperatures, scenery and biking for five hours.
I started off at the Solana Beach train station and rode with four others who were all about the same skill level as I am from Angel Stadium in Anaheim back to Solana Beach. It really made the ride much easier knowing that they had done this ride before so I wouldn't have to rely too much on my bike computer.
Here's the route: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/13705046
Probably not far from the route I posted the day before last. I think we went just a bit further when we turned off for the rest spots.
I stayed in a comfort level that enabled me to finish without any issues whatsoever. I really held back the dogs from getting loose a couple of times, but really no large competitive groups to speak of the entire ride. The group I was riding with was great.
I will attempt the hills in Carlsbad that are the final 20-25 miles of the 106 miles on the MS ride next Saturday or Sunday at the latest and throw in a couple beach runs in this week.
I wanted to thank all of those who have donated thus far to the MS ride. We have almost reached $1,000 with less than three weeks left. My goal is still $2,500 and am shooting high with this goal, but that's the way goals should be set. Again, thank you for your support with donations of $$ and your time if you are planning on riding solo, with a team or as a virtual rider. Every bit of your support makes a difference.

To donate to finish MS: http://www.biketofinishms.com/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=304333&supid=259559506

No comments: